Sunday, April 27, 2008

Kiss me honey


I have honey dripping off my face.

Yes, I'm a weirdo. But I'm a weirdo with damn good skin.

And I'll share my beauty secret with you, my loyal, er, 5 readers.

The first time dad went to shift the beehives, we had to pick him up from the emergency room at the hospital. He had been stung through his clothes, when the bees sneakily stealthed in under his "bee suit". Some bee suit. He took the next two days off work, and couldn't walk. This was a pain in the ass for me. Dad is NEVER sick, ever. And so I got to see a side of him, that, lets say, isn't his best. The big baby side.

He swore that was it. No more bees. But as the pain subsided, so did his resolution, and two weeks later, he was back shifting the bees and, yes, getting stung again. But from his sacrifice came dark, golden manuka honey, every pot or bowl in the house was filled with it, and every surface in the house was slightly sticky.

Three days ago, I was pointing out a particularly stubborn pimple, when dad suggested honey. It's a natural antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and it re-hydrates the skin. blah-de-blah. So, I lathered on a pure honey face mask, and left it on for forty-five minutes. Now, I'm addicted.

I've been doing it twice a day, because seriously, after every mask, my skin looks younger. Now I'm in my late twenties, my natural youthfulness is gone, with all those not-so-sought after attributes of aging starting to affect me. ME! Deep down, I'd always refused to believe age would get me. But no more blissful naivety. I had to admit it, my skin was starting to look tired and dull, and smile lines (otherwise known as WRINKLES!!) were creeping in. Pretty depressing actually.

After just three days, all the aging thingys are gone. My skin is glowy, smooth and soft, dewy if you will. It's fucking perfect!!
And after every honey mask, it gets even perfecter. I know that's not possible, but that's honey. It Is A Miracle.

Try it yourself, and see what you think. I know that outside NZ manuka honey is v expensive (still, it's cheaper than most skin creams), but it is the best kind to use. Otherwise, any raw honey will do. What an infomercial. No I'm not selling it.


Bee fact:

Bees communicate via special dances, often within the hive, where it's dark. Other bees will crowd around and stretch out their antennae to receive the vibrations in order to comprehend the message. This is how they choose which pollen to plunder, its exact location and quality, among other details. Cute eh.



Last beauty post ever.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

1) - You have more than 5 readers

2) - The aging thing happens to all of us, all the more reason to stay off the shit.

3) - Thanks for the info! I know someone who'll be very interested..

-signed by a big man turned into a whiny baby over the weekend from a mysterious illness that is not subsiding very quickly..

9:43 PM  
Blogger EMOB said...

Hey Tui, thanks for the tip...do you just slather the honey on your face or do you mix it with anything?

4:01 PM  
Blogger tui said...

just slather it on ;)

4:16 PM  
Blogger Michelle's Spell said...

Hey Tui,

Great idea! I'm always up for anything that works. Honey for Oshun and all that. I'm sure you're as beautiful as ever.

10:58 PM  
Blogger zoe said...

Does it have to be runny honey? I guess it would make things easier ...

4:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My how this blog has evolved...a very stable, and always well put read.

shaun

12:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks tui. will give it a try.

9:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://comvitamedical.com/medicalproducts.html

This company received approval from no other than the FDA to produce medical wound dressing from this honey. If the ever anal and political FDA thinks it is okay then there must be really something to the UMF antibacterial properties. I ordered some but from another company and is just the honey. Being vain i just want to look younger, but this will be an interesting experiment. Maybe take care of the sugar jones at the same time, it would actually be cheaper than a tub of Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia, which i would never put on my face.

shaun

1:01 AM  
Blogger Erik Donald France said...

Good beans, Tui. I used to work with a woman at Duke who wore what seemed like a Bee costume. Despite (or b/c of) that, she was sweet ;)

12:38 AM  
Blogger TTQ said...

It's also good to eat the pollen says our town herbalist..good shot of energy akin to a b-12 shot

12:14 AM  
Blogger My Daughter's Addiction said...

I have some honey in my cabinet...I'm going to try it right now. Thanks for the tip!
I'll let you know how it works for me.

10:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm...since last post there has been about 2 earthquakes, a new shiny 5 billion dollar hunk of metal on Mars, and some very good china white in LA... I sorta wonder where T is ???

Mars ?

shaun

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home