Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Walking the something






My kitten is quite different to any feline I've met before. Usually cats are very independent, they like to do their own thing, and that's that. Bruiser however, is always at my side. If he isn't on top of me, clinging hard, that is. He sleeps on my head, and he only goes outside when I do, although I leave the door open, in case he feels like a stroll. Maybe he'll grow out of it.

These days, when I go for my daily walk along the beach, I'm not alone. There, beside me, is Bruiser, skipping and leaping... and chirping like a little bird.

During these walks he diligently ensures he's within six feet of me at all times. We get some strange looks. I'd say he's a dog in a cat's body, but no dog I've ever walked has been so well behaved.

I don't think he's a kitten at all. He's a springlamb-babybird-showdog-overlyromanticboyfriend hybrid.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, he's in charge.--Katmandu

5:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cat's that will walk with you rock. I have two that will, although the urban environment isn't quite suited for off-leash kitties..

You seem pretty happy, Tui.. Good to know after what you've been through. Keep in mind that getting to where you are isn't the hard part (as hard as I imagine it felt), the hard part is staying there..
~cs

10:48 PM  
Blogger Erik Donald France said...

Go for it -- screw the bastards who second guess.

Them's my two cents anyway.

1:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home