Tuesday, April 15, 2008

New new

I was still at the print-shop half an hour before my flight boarded. Cutting my fringe as I drove to the airport. Polishing my nails on my tray-table, and gluing in bits to my portfolio.

Two hours and a lot of traffic later, I was sitting in a boardroom high in an office building on the waterfront downtown. The walls were all glass, I could see the seagulls, tiny in the distance, dive-bombing waves.

"So what do you want to be doing in ten years?" He asked.
I laughed. "That really is a job-interview question isn't it?"
He stuttered a bit, but I cut him off. I actually get excited by the future now. By dreams.

At some bleary time around 8am the next morning, my phone rang. I stumbled for it, missed it. Called back. And then, suddenly I was very awake.


My extra well-paid, fun, creative new job starts in two weeks!

10 Comments:

Blogger Erik Donald France said...

Congratualtions! Ooorah!

8:17 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

congrats, tui!

11:01 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

Kudos to you on your comeback, Tui.

I have read this whole blog over the last year or two, and have been rooting for you.

Way to go.

1:52 PM  
Blogger tui said...

Thanks guys!!
At last, back to the world of the living, and getting outside my own head.

And welcome Joe, thanks for commenting.
:)

t

7:55 PM  
Blogger EMOB said...

Congrats Tui! So glad for you.

11:42 AM  
Blogger Michelle's Spell said...

Congratulations, honey! You deserve it. Love the picture from Secretary -- what a great movie and short story.

5:29 PM  
Blogger Victoria said...

yay, tui!

1:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best of luck to you!

4:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

woohoo tui! you sound feather-light when you spread positiveness. thank you.

6:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Tui. You're talented and smart and they're probably getting a bargain.

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home