Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Hail simplicity


My friends, a long overdue update. 


As I celebrate 10 years of freedom, life is very different.


Even a one degree shift in trajectory can have mighty outcomes. And my shift was much more than that.


I write this from my kitchen table, in the late autumn sun. Two big dogs snoring at my feet, one black and one white. My life a fairytale, living in a house on a hill with its own forest, a wild garden outside, full of flowers and herbs and the proud sound of hens laying eggs. Down in the paddock there are four milking goats, wanting to be fed apples and stroked and loved.


I share my life with my husband, a gentle artist, poet, a philosophical and curious mind. 


My brother lives next door, my mother down the road by sea. We eat pancakes together every Sunday and watch the waves shimmer with light from my mother's balcony. That is who my father is now. Light on the ocean.


The years between writing have not always been easy, but they have been rich. And I have never missed the poppy. She grows in my garden and I let her grow where she likes, grateful we are both free. She helped me in her own way, but the lessons were hard and often cruel and I have no wish to repeat them. 


It is all very wholesome and if you had told me this would be my future, at one point I would have railed against it all. The satisfaction of simple joys would have been impossible to believe in. 


But here I am, proving myself wrong.


Alive, free. Happy.


Yes the world is mad and dark and I can feel it crumbling, everything that we know. But that has happened within myself before, so I can trust in the process now. For some reason it has to be this way and that is the great mystery at work.


I think of all those who struggle. But not with pity. Knowing that they will find their way, in their own time, in their own way. To them I send the vibration of love and magic.


To you, I send the vibration of love and magic.


Thank you for caring about me all of these years. May the goodness return to you a thousandfold.


 

1 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Browsing old bookmarks today, I clicked on Tui and low and behold a days' fresh post.

It is wonderful to hear that you have found peace and happiness and that life is going well.

Seeing your post has made my day.

Kim, aka Mercurial Girl

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home