Saturday, April 14, 2007

QUESTION ONE:

If you knew a woman who was pregnant, who had 8 kids already, three who were deaf, two who were blind, one mentally retarded, and she had syphilis, would you recommend that she have an abortion?

Read the next question before looking at the response for this one.


QUESTION TWO:

It is time to elect a new world leader, and only your vote counts. Here are the facts about the three candidates.

Candidate A.
Associates with crooked politicians, and consults with astrologist. He's had two mistresses. He also chain smokes and drinks 8 to 10 martinis a day.

Candidate B.
He was kicked out of office twice, sleeps until noon, used opium in college and drinks a quart of whiskey every evening.

Candidate C
He is a decorated war hero. He's a vegetarian, doesn't smoke, drinks an occasional beer and never cheated on his wife. Which of these candidates would be your choice? Decide first... no peeking, then scroll down for the response.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


Candidate A is Franklin D. Roosevelt.
Candidate B is Winston Churchill.
Candidate C is Adolph Hitler.

And, by the way, on your answer to the abortion question: If you said YES, you just killed Beethoven.


I stole this off Xiaxue. Interesting, but depressing. It only clarifies how impossible life is. Go with your gut, your heart, your pinky toe. Ignore reason at all costs.

9 Comments:

Blogger (S)wine said...

politics is not
for the moral man.
so "c" was instantly a bad choice
(both historically and metaphorically)

long live Beethoven!

6:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you. Logic and reason are shit, anyways.

5:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad I picked A..always knew there had to be a good reason I dug ole Frankie D.

1:03 AM  
Blogger Michelle's Spell said...

I'm not the most logical person in the world so I guess this is good! I knew the Beethoven story, but the other question was new -- I'm not surprised. It's often those who seem pretty okay who are really messed up.

11:21 PM  
Blogger [] said...

Well, shit. Logic is my god.

Buh-bye, Beethoven.

12:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tui Tui! ... It's Yoshi...

I really miss you. I've been thinking of you a lot lately.

Recently, I've become really scared. I want to quit the gear so badly but it's taking me over completely again.

I'm on 60mg's of Methadone and still I cannot become strong enough to step away from the scene, the routine, the taste and give it up.

I fear I'm going to lead my entire existence in between 2 worlds. Yes, thats how I feel, like I live in two worlds, the one most people know and the one that rules me behind that first one.

I want to escape and for one day forget the hammer. God I hate it.. I feel like I'm wasting so much time and money constantly.

I want to be normal so badly again. It's unbelievable and yet the needle still rules my life.

I'm glad your doing better. You sound so much happier.

If only I could walk away from it. Not drive to score when I know inside I shouldent. Stop spending the money I dont have, or the money I dont own.

I feel like I can't do it on my own. If only I had you here, so we could work at this together, support each other.

I have no support. Just myself, and thats not working..

Fuck it's driving me down so badly lately. I just want normality.

I love you.

Josh.

6:57 AM  
Blogger I.:.S.:. said...

I guessed the candidates there from your descriptions before I scrolled down the page... Am I the best self-educated semi-homeless sometime junkie in London or what?

Yoshi, you sound like you need a severe dislocation, if I may patronise you like this... I mean a pack one bag and walk out on fucking everything, on your whole life, type of dislocation... Buy a one-way ticket to somewhere you've never been before and don't know anyone and once there, deal with it, type of dislocation...

It worked for me, once, it worked for a full five or six years before I slipped again...

And I'm coming out of it again, now. Thank you for your letter from the depths of a hell I know quite well, it reminded me I want never ever ever to go back there again...

God bless.

2:03 PM  
Blogger tui said...

Yosh, I think what i.;.s.:. said is right.

I would still be right where I was, if i was right where I was.

Physical distance can provide emotional distance too.

I am happier, it does get better. And easier. Every day gets easier. I still wouldn't trust myself to hang out with you, or anyone who uses- or even used to use. Too tempting. I wouldn't be able to think about anything else.

The only way to do it, I believe, is to get the hell out. And only spend time with safe people. You can do it. I know you can. All the bad times will make a good story someday. This is not you forever.

Don't give up...

Hugs, Tui

7:52 AM  
Blogger Jessie said...

Gut, heart, pinky toe - I love that.

1:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home