Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Bits


S o s l o w.
Oh blogger.com why must ye take so effing long? 3 coats of nail polish too many. Sparkley yellow smudges on my sheets. Glamour skidmarks.

I was away. In the depths of beach and sand, cut off by the tide. Mosquitoes decorating my ankles. Dimp with every meal. Cold bracing showers, or none at all. I built up my salty layer, plump with sand.
Unfortunately I do love things like deep hot baths and internet. Telly through the night. Powdered milk is shit. I think all these whiny thoughts and a million more. But you'd never know. I just grin bigger, harder, pretending to everyone, self included I'm tough and hardy, carefree, non nitpickish. I draw the line at skiing however. Snow in my boots ugh.
This will be the year of thickening the skin. Until I'm good and outdoorsy.
Keeping it rural. Keeping it rural...

It's the NZ way. I have to fit in somewhere.

In other news, from the 95mgs of then... to the 70mgs of now. Takes a long time doesn't it... This number marks a halfway point. When I hit 45mgs I will be low enough to do a rapid detox at home. A strange thing to be excited about. I'm just so impatient. Hurry up hell.

7 Comments:

Blogger [] said...

You're right: powdered milk is shit.

On the other hand, 70 mgs is definitely something to be excited about. Halfway there is no small feat.

11:56 AM  
Blogger chelle said...

I'm so happy for you (not the milk, the 70mgs). The beach, mosquitoes and all, seems almost desirable in this Montreal re-winter.
Take care

12:35 AM  
Blogger Michelle's Spell said...

Tui,

Love the writing in this piece. My God, do I hate nature. I admire your strength -- good luck with the detox!

1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent snipets. The snow in the boot thing--excellent. Fly high with your mind, not drugs.

12:11 PM  
Blogger Lazy said...

seventy's still quite a lot you know... that's the problem with working in advertising, hein? you can afford a hell of a habit...

anyway, here had linked to here so i dropped by again... hi! kisses, embraces, hugs, the warmest of brotherly love... sorry i never wrote back your email but i waszh bit OPated i think... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

i have no platitudes and fuck the 12-steppers and christians, but hope you manage with it all anyway...

9:07 PM  
Blogger I.:.S.:. said...

and also for a long time i was scared to come here anyway... you write too vividly about certain things... but now i'm fucking bulletproof so it doesn't matter any more...

10:28 PM  
Blogger (S)wine said...

12-steppers ought to be
the name for some dance troupe
(more than likely, country line dancing stylee)

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home