Thursday, November 02, 2006

Chew on this

Completely uninspired, that's where I've been. I've never had a week like this before, without five minuutes to even procrastinate. Make up free, there's just no time, my legs are prickly, hair lank, same outfit on since Monday. I complain, but love it. It makes me feel important in a way, efficiently efficient, putting out fires, staying up to 4am, sleeping for 3 hours before racing back to work. (Someone really needs to invent an office chair that folds into a bed. I need one, bad. My bum is starting to resemble the shape of my moulded office chair seat. It's all squished flat.) The best thing, is that it's just advertising, no one will die if the client does't understand the ideas...

I have written a few things to you in my head, maybe in ten years I will be able to press send from there, but until then, I need ten minutes alone with thoughts and laptop.

Since Halloween I've been living off candy, I have this constant nausea that I keep trying to bury under abother chocolate bar, or slice of pumpkin pie. Sick.

7 Comments:

Blogger The Very Reverend Ace Clemmons, Jr. said...

you must be in and out of Sugar highs.....

2:55 PM  
Blogger Michelle's Spell said...

Poor Tui! I know what you mean about loving that feeling -- I used to get that when I worked at a newspaper -- all crazy energy and deadlines. As for the candy, I get that too -- it's good and bad. What could be better?

3:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is just advertising, but speaking as an AD, It consumes my life. Everything i do, i look at little differntly and think how i can use it. It is like being on the job 24/7 ohh thats right i am. They can call me in at any time. But who ever said work hard and party harded must have been in advertising. What are you doing?

6:32 PM  
Blogger [] said...

Take your time, the world will still be here when you re-emerge.

8:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm on the same work schedule, but without the pumpkin pie. I think I'm getting screwed.

9:01 PM  
Blogger Issy said...

I agree with monicker. Life is too short to rush through it. If you go too quick, you might miss something.

4:52 PM  
Blogger tui said...

phew. At last the latest pressure is over- and after sleeping for 24 hours I feel caught up. The rest of this weekend is going to be couch-time. Ah.

Marc, to answer you- I'm a copywriter. So ditto. You understand how It's never done. You can always think of something better, always. If it's a great project, I use every minute that can. I love it.

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home