Thursday, September 28, 2006

Just so

I am the worst nitpicker I know. I try to ignore things, but god it's hard. Now I just keep them to myself, stuff them down into the dark recesses, try to cover them over with bright fuzzy things. When I was single, it was horrible, the things that could disturb me about the opposite sex. Just a word could do it. I have many words that are taboo. Highest on the list: funky. It hurts even to write it. It's the word of the desperately-trying-to-be-hip early thirties yuppy (I work with a lot of these). Satin boxers, big no-no. Eyebrow piercings. Fucked up spelling or grammer. Wet lips. Waxed chest. Too much eye contact. Not enough. The list goes on. And shoes, I think all women agree, can make or break a first date.

9 Comments:

Blogger (S)wine said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:08 PM  
Blogger (S)wine said...

that'd be "fucked up spelling or grammAr"

7:09 PM  
Blogger tui said...

I was wondering who'd notice that...

8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

damn nitpickers......

9:15 AM  
Blogger (S)wine said...

damned editors

12:49 PM  
Blogger Erik Donald France said...

I hate "funky" as well. And "tacky." Makes sense to me. This semester, I'm trying to teach basic writing to adults with the language skills of small children. It's daunting. My favorite student so far is a large bouncer named Giuseppe. "Call me Peppy," he suggested at first meeting. I do.

6:09 PM  
Blogger tui said...

Another word I hate: blog

3:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wear these horrible shoes like an old man would wear. I always assumed that nobody noticed. What kind of shoes should one be wearing? To think that maybe it wasn't my drug habit that scared them all away it was those fucking old grandpa shoes Ive been toting around town.

5:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehehe funny chit..play that funky music white boy...play that funky music white boooooy..play that funky music till you die.

I kinda like funky..ahh well I am a child of the...

late 60's early 70's..somewhere in theere...now 'blog' now there's a wod that bugs me to no end.

11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home