Saturday, September 23, 2006

BURYING DREAMS

Last night was filled with dreams of dark sick sex, terrifying to remember, I won't write them here in case it makes them more real. Here is one I can repeat...

I'd found a little bunny, and befriended it. It was the sweetest thing, small and downy, affectionate like a cat. It followed me everywhere. Into the kitchen, to make a smoothie. I dumped in a banana, fresh strawberries, and full milk, which I never use. It will make it creamier, my dream mind thought. As I watched everything get eaten up by the blender, colours streaking around like a sunset, I realized I was looking for blood. Bunny blood. I suddenly remembered that I had put the small, soft bunny in first, to add iron to my milkshake. Panicked, I turned off the machine and lifted the lid. With a big spoon, I stirred the milkshake to the sides, so I could see the bottom of the blender clearly. There was my little bunny, looking up at me. Intact. Somehow, like the way chunks of banana can escape the blade, so had he. Shaking, I scooped him up and snuggled his milky fur to my face, scared of myself.

5 Comments:

Blogger [] said...

I hate those kind of dreams...I get a few strange ones here and there that really shake me up.

Maybe you should take a vacation.

6:17 PM  
Blogger (S)wine said...

this wasn't so bad.

8:22 PM  
Blogger Michelle's Spell said...

That dream is truly scary. I love the symbolism, though -- it's really beautiful and haunting.

9:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That bunny was you Tui..still safe..still intact within the mess you're surrounded by.

Such is life..the fucking lessons abound..digging at our frailities...daring us to carry on.

You're a survivor..stay well.
x0x0x

11:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahh..I forgot to add..like the dream only you can turn off the blender in your life...or at least slow it down a little.

I've starting kicking..feel like shiet too.

ugh & ick

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home