Thursday, September 07, 2006

Testing my new cell phone

Yesterday, the day before pay. I had a few unhelpful NZ coins. It was time to beg.

"Tui! Where are you?"
"Tony...wait...uh...can you front me a 60 until tomorrow, I get paid at midnight. Please!"
"No. I don't do that anymore. Not for anyone."
"I'll pay you back 8am tomorrow morning..."
"No."
"C'mon, I've always paid you back on time."
"Try Bobby, I'll get him to call you."

"Tui?"
"Bobby... please front me a 60, it's just until tomorrow."
"I'm not working tomorrow."
"I'll subway out to meet you."
"I'll see if I can, I have to call someone."
"Okayyy!"
"I'll call you back."
I did a victory dance.

20 minutes later.

"What's happening?"
"I'm just waiting for him to give me an answer, I'll call you as soon as he does."

40 minutes later.

"Bobby, what's going on?"
"I said I'D call YOU when I know."

20 minutes later.

"Hey Steve..."
"Tui! Hi!"
"...um, can I please front a 60 until tomorrow."
"You know I can't do that."
"Can you do anything?"
"20, I can do 20. Be at the alley in 15"
"Thanks. God, thanks."

5 minutes later

"Hey Brian..."
"Tuui!"
"I have a favour to ask..."
"Well I hope it's not what I think it is. It's been a bad day. I partied all night and spent my money. Everyone owes me. I've only had three customers today."
"Please, just a point... just something small,,, I can pay you back first thing tomorrow morning."
"Oh yeah?"
"At 8am, just tell me where to come."
"Okay then. Here. You owe me 40. say thank-you."

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tui - Please get some help to come off this...it is awful to read about you being so desperate.

Go live in Antarctica for 6 months, anything to get you away from all that.

It is killing you...

You are worth so much, you are so valuable...you are so special.

10:30 AM  
Blogger The Very Reverend Ace Clemmons, Jr. said...

What if she doesnt want to get off it?

There are tons of functional addicts that have no desire to stop what they are doing.

its quite a tightrope tho.

the very

11:08 AM  
Blogger (S)wine said...

i will gladly pay you tuesday,
for a hamburger to-day.

12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The very - she has said before that she wants to get off it.

Probelm is that it feel so damn good, she is physically and psychologically addicted, its a routine, its a lifestyle, its a friend, its an enemy, its a lover...

2:27 PM  
Blogger tui said...

you are right, you are all right

2:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's not so bad. none of it.

11:38 AM  
Blogger tui said...

Chapfu, I like you.

12:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only person that can determine when it's time to get clean is the junky. Be safe Tui.

7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home