Thursday, July 06, 2006

With a roof made from Egyptian cotton

It was this time last year that I got my habit. Not long ago at all really. But in that time a lot of money has been earned, and spent. And that's about it. I've been picking flowers and pressing them between the pages of the giant dictionaries on my desk. I used to do that as a little girl, and we'd find them years later, so many hiding places many would get lost. I thought I'd saved enough money to pay my rent. It's odd, but somehow, I imagined that I have a $1000 overdraft, when really, it's just $500. So I checked my account, got all confused, and now I don't know what to do. The landlord is a horrible man, and has already summoned me to the rental court thingy last month. The thing is, my boyfriend often forgets to give me my mail. So I received the letter, but after the day I was supposed to go. Strangely, I had paid all my rent. I HAD been a month late, but I'd paid it. I don't even know what's going on, it's legal and written in French. I think I'm being kicked out, but whatever, my lease is up in two months anyway. I just want to rest, that's all. I hate moving. I want space around me that's clear and uncluttered and smells like me. There's nothing like your own pillow. That's what I want, to move into my pillow. I wouldn't leave often, that's for sure.

5 Comments:

Blogger (S)wine said...

strange.
i, too, did the flower trick.
and, even more weird....i stuck them in between dictionaries, also.

8:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry that I haven't been around much lately but I've been rather busy which is actually kind of strange considering that I haven't had a job for the past month and a half either. Guess that I have been doing that bonding thing with my two girls as well as doing my best to really get out and enjoy this shortlived summer weather of ours!

Sucks about your present rental situation that is for sure. Careful though cause I was in a similar situation awhile back and even though our rent was paid in full, the fact that we missed our Rental Tribunal hearing caused an eviction notice to be issue anyway. The Tribunal decided in the landlord's favour in our absence especially as we had a history of paying our rent late with him. You can get around this I think as long as you have everything paid in full, including any fees that the landlord accrued in filing his motion for eviction, to the sheriff prior to the date that he would come to change your locks. If you do decide to go through with the eviction make sure that you make arrangements to get all of your possessions out within 48hrs otherwise they become the landlord's. I ended up losing a ton of stuff because of ignorance.

Let me know if I can be of any more help.

Cheers, sickgirl

2:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i've been through lots of similar situations. and the feeling you have resonates through. it sucks. but, it's not as bad as people would make it out to be. it's just big and tiring.
anyway, here's to you.

6:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This blog is pure bull shit.
Creative, but anybody who really knows the life knows this girl is writing about books she's read and movies she's watched.

12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Anonymous,
Your invective shows the definite hints of a Malignant Personality. You are a perfect example of why the fastest sperm is not at all indicative of the best sperm. Reminds me of the saying "Some folks are wise, some are otherwise." I consider myself so much the better for knowing Tui, especially with rejects of humanity like you around.

:dharma:bumwarrior:

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home